IngredientsFor 40 cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Sift together the flour and almonds.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in the almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour and almonds until an even dough forms.
- Shape 1-tbs balls of dough into a tight ball, then roll between just the palms to form a log with a natural taper. Bend into crescents and place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake15 - 20 minutes until set and very lightly browned. Gently remove to a rack to cool.
- When still slightly warm, roll crescents thoroughly but gently in confectioner's sugar, then shake off excess.