See also: Fruit Crisp
- 5 cups apples
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 lb butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Butter a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples, and put in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with the water.
- Blend together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Cut the butter into small pieces. Rub into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Spread the flour mixture evenly over the apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until the fruit is cooked and the top is crisp and brown.