- 140 g (5 oz) unsweetened chocolate
- 200 g (7/8 cup) butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 500 g (2 1/2 cups) sugar
- 225 g (1 1/2 cups) all purpose flour
- 200 g (1 1/2 cups) walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Butter and flour a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter together, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine the eggs, vanilla extract, salt, and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for 8 to 10 minutes, until light in colour, fluffy, and the sugar has dissolved.
- Gently stir in the chocolate and butter mixture, then fold in the flour just until well blended. Stir in the walnuts.
- Spread in the prepared baking pan and bake about 25 minutes, until the edges are set but the center is still slightly moist.
- Cool in the pan a few hours, then cut into squares.