- 50 g (4 tbs) butter
- 500 g (2 cups) buttermilk
- 2 (115 g) eggs
- 250 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 50 g (4 tbs) sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the buttermilk and eggs, then stream in the melted butter while still whisking until incorporated.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the liquid ingredients and mix with a spoon just until evenly moistened. A few lumps will remain.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat until drops of water sprinkled on the surface dance around (425 °F).
- Lightly grease the griddle with butter, then pour about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then carefully turn over with a spatula and cook until set. Repeat until all pancakes have been made.