- 60 g (4 tbs) butter
- 330 g (1 1/2 cup) sugar
- 40 g (1/4 cup) flour
- 3 large eggs
- 235 g (1 cup) buttermilk
- 5 g (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 Pastry for 9-inch pie shell
- Melt butter and cool slightly.
- Combine sugar and flour.
- Beat in eggs just until smooth.
- Beat in melted butter.
- Carefully stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Mixture should be smooth, but don't beat in extra air.
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Prepare pie pastry and line pie plate.
- Pour filling into shell.
- Place in oven on bottom rack. Bake 15 minutes.
- Lower heat to 350 °F and bake 25 - 35 minutes longer, until set at edges and slightly wobbly in middle.
- Remove to a rack and cool room temperature.
Storage InstructionsStore in refrigerator up to one week.