- 5 oz graham crackers
- 3 tbs sugar
- 6 tbs butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F.
- Pulse the graham crackers and sugar in a food processor until evenly sandy.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter until butter is evenly distributed.
- Spread crumbs on bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan and press down.
- Bake about 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool before adding filling.
- 2 lb cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tbs vanilla extract, OR 1 1/2 tbs lemon juice, OR other flavoring of choice
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, making sure mixture is fully combined.
- Add the flavoring and blend.
- Pour filling over the baked crust.
- With the oven still at 325 °F, bake about 1 hour, until sides are firm and center is barely wobbly.
- Cool on a rack in the pan a few hours. Run a paring knife along the edges of the pan, then remove the sides. Chill cake until firm.