- 1 recipe Sweet Bread
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 6 tbs butter
- Prepare the sweet roll dough through its first fermentation.
- Mix together the sugars and cinnamon, and soften the butter.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle 1/8 inch thick, approximately 30 inches wide by 15 inches tall.
- Spread the butter evenly over the dough, then sprinkle the sugar mixture evenly over it.
- Roll as for a jelly roll, starting at the bottom. Keep the roll tight especially at the beginning. When it is almost complete, moisten the exposed end with water and finish rolling to seal.
- Cut the roll into 1.5- to 2-inch widths. Place them cut side up in a pan with 2-inch sides, somewhat close together but not touching.
- Let proof until double in bulk, approximately 1.5 hour. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Cool. Cut the rolls apart and serve.