I often double this recipe. It is useful to have two skillets going at once to speed up the process.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbs sugar (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- Mix flour, salt, and sugar.
- Beat eggs with 1/2 cup of the milk. Add to the flour mixture and beat well to make a smooth paste. Alternatively, add the eggs and milk to a blender, then gradually add the flour mixture while the machine is running.
- Blend in the rest of the milk gradually. The batter should have the texture of heavy cream.
- Pour in the melted butter, whisking constantly.
- Let batter rest for 1/2 hour to hydrate fully.
- Heat an 8-inch skillet over medium high heat.
- When skillet is hot, brush lightly with oil. Pour in about 3 - 4 tbs of the batter, tilting the skillet so the batter covers the entire bottom surface in a thin layer. Use as little batter as possible to just coat the bottom.
- Cook for a minute or two until bottom is brown and edges lift from pan. Flip the crèpe and cook the other side about 30 seconds longer.
- Remove from pan and keep covered with a towel while making the rest.