See also: Apple Crisp
- 4 cups fruit
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 lb butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Chop the fruit, and put in the bottom of the baking dish. If using rhubarb, add a little extra sugar to the rhubarb at this point.
- Blend together the sugar, flour, and baking powder.
- Beat the egg lightly and add to the flour. Mix together well until you have a dry, clumpy mixture.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the fruit. Pour the melted butter evenly over the top, and distribute evenly with a spoon.
- Bake about 25 minutes, until the fruit is cooked and the top is crisp and brown. Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.