- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbs sugar
- 5 tbs butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- If using whole graham crackers, pulse them in a food processor until evenly sandy. Mix together graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Melt butter and stir together graham cracker crumbs until butter is evenly distributed.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate. Spread crumbs on bottom and sides evenly and press down.
- Bake about 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool before adding filling. Keep oven on.
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup key lime juice
- 2 tsp key lime zest (optional)
- Beat together the condensed milk and egg yolks together until smooth.
- Stir in the lime juice and zest until evenly mixed.
- Pour filling over the baked crust.
- Return to oven and bake until edges are firm and center is still slightly wobbly, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on a rack. Cover and chill until firm.
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp key lime juice
- 1 tbs sugar
- Combine ingredients and whip until stiff.
- Transfer to a small pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe 12 decorative dots in a circle around the outer part the pie.