This is a basic meringue to use for decorations or meringue recipes. It can be expanded as needed, quantities given are for two egg whites.
IngredientsFor 2 cups
- 2 (60 g) egg whites
- 100 g (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1 g (1/4 tsp) cream of tartar
- Bring egg to room temperature.
- Separate eggs, reserving yolks for another use, or use whites reserved from a previous recipe.
- Whisk egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar. Beat until it forms soft peaks.
- Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until it forms stiff peaks.
- Use immediately as directed in recipe.