This is an excellent roast chicken that is faster than roasting the whole bird.
- 1 chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp (approximately) salt
- 1 1/2 tsp (approximately) black pepper, ground
- 3 tbs (approximately) oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Joint the chicken.
- Toss together the chicken, salt, pepper, and oil. Arrange on a broiling pan with the breasts and wings in the middle, legs on the outside.
- Roast approximately 40 minutes, until breast registers 170 °F.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.