- 170 g water
- 395 g sugar
- 285 g glucose syrup
- 455 g unsalted peanuts
- 30 g butter
- 7 g (1 tsp) ground salt
- 7.5 g (1 1/2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 5 g baking soda
- Set a silicone mat on a baking tray and preheat oven to 225 °F.
- Combine water, sugar, and glucose syrup in a heavy-bottomed pot. Cover and bring to boil, and cook a few minutes until sugar dissolves.
- Uncover and cook to 239 °F.
- Stir in peanuts. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, to 311 °F.
- Cut heat. Stir in butter, then ground salt and vanilla extract.
- Add baking soda and stir in well, just until foaming is visible and evenly mixed. Do not over mix, which would reduce the foam.
- Pour onto the silicone mat and spread to even thickness.
- Allow to cool until centre starts to become pliable; edges will be somewhat firm.
- Place in oven to even the temperature so the entire mass is a pliable texture, about 1/2 hour.
- Quickly stretch brittle evenly in all directions, then cool.