- 200 g pecans
- 225 g butter, room temperature
- 125 g white sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 50 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Toast pecans lightly 5 minutes until barely fragrant. Remove and cool.
- Cream together butter, sugars, and salt well until fluffy, at least 5 minutes in stand mixer. Add vanilla extract and mix through.
- Pulse together pecans and flour in food processor until pecans are in very small pieces, 8 1-sec pulses.
- Stir in flour mixture until a firm dough forms.
- Form into 1-tbs balls, then flatten with the bottom of a glass, dipping it in flour every couple cookies. Or place an untoasted pecan half on each ball and use it to push it flat.
- Bake at 350 °F for 20 minutes. Remove and cool.