- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground mace
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cooked puréed pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- Prepare a crust for a 9-inch 1-crust pie.
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F.
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into the prepared crust.
- Bake 15 minutes, then lower heat to 325 °F and bake about 30 minutes longer, until filling is almost firm but still wobbly in the center.
- Handle carefully when removing from the oven so as not to disturb the filling. Cool completely before serving.