IngredientsFor 8 cones
- 55 g (4 tbs) butter
- 2 (72 g) egg whites
- 90 g (1/3 cup) sugar
- 90 g (3/4 cup) all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- Preheat a pizelle iron or ice cream cone iron.
- Melt the butter and let cool.
- Whip the egg whites until foamy. Add sugar slowly while continuing to beat. Beat until they form firm peaks.
- Sift over the flour and salt, then fold them in gently.
- Stir in the extracts.
- To bake, put 2 tbs of mixture on centre of iron. Close lid and bake until steam starts to lessen.
- Weat heatproof gloves to form. Remove from iron and place a cone form on top, in the middle horizontally and with the point slightly short of the end of the waffle. Quickly wrap waffle around the cone form, pinching the end together while rolling to form a sealed point. Allow to cool on the form while baking the next one.
- Optionally, dip bottoms of cones into chocolate to prevent leakage.