IngredientsFor 2 8-inch cakes
- 225 g (1 3/4 cups) pastry or cake flour
- 10 g (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2 g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 110 g (8 tbs) butter
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 5 g (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 170 g (3/4 cup) milk
- 100 g (3) egg whites
- 50 g (1/4 cup) sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in milk, vanilla extract, and flour mixture. Beat briefly until smooth.
- Whip egg whites to soft peaks. Slowly add sugar and continue to whp unti stiff peaks.
- Stir 1/3 egg whites into batter, then fold in the rest.
- Portion evenly into the two pans.
- Bake until tests done, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and put on a cooling rack5 minutes, then remove cakes from pans cool completely on the rack.