IngredientsFor 9 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs and add the milk and butter. Add to the dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Batter may be a little lumpy.
- Spread evenly in a 9 x 9 baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Let the batter rest 10 minutes while the oven heats.
- Bake until bread is raised and golden, about 25 minutes.