IngredientsFor 60 cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter at cool room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- granulated sugar, for rolling
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, and beat well until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture. Beat it in thoroughly, but do not work it any more than you have to or it will get tough.
- Form into ping-pong sized balls (1 to 1 1/2 tbs each), roll in granulated sugar, and place a couple inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes in a preheated 375 °F oven. Cookies will form a distinct cracked texture and will appear underbaked. They should just begin to brown at the edges, and should be chewy, not crunchy.
- Cool a minute or two, then remove from pan and cool on a rack.