Tea is a wonderful variant of standard confectioners' icing. This recipe makes a strong tea infusion for flavour that will stand up to all the sugar. Earl Grey and green tea are good choices.
- 50 g (1/4 cup) water
- 3 g (1 1/2 tsp) tea leaves
- 200 g (2 cups) confectioners' sugar
- 50 g (4 tbs) butter
- 1 g (1/4 tsp) lemon juice
- Bring water to boil. Add tea leaves and infuse 5 minutes.
- Strain the infusion from the leaves, squeezing as much from the leaves as possible.
- Measure 30 g (2 tbs) of the infusion and combine with the remaining ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Correct thickness by adding more sugar or tea infusion if needed.