- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup streusel
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Cream the butter, then cream in the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well, then stir in the buttermilk.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just blended.
- Spread in a 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle evenly with streusel.
- Bake at 350 °FF for about 30 minutes, until brown and done inside. Cool on a rack.